Document indexing is an efficient way of making documents more searchable. Typically, office documents are digitized for faster access to information whenever required as it is very difficult to scan through piles of papers in which information is stored otherwise. Document indexing Services helps the organization to store the bulk information such that the frequently searched columns or information are tagged for quicker search results. Indexing is required particularly when you have bulk information that’s heavy to load and is frequently accessed. You will know the key using which the information is regularly accessed such as that invoice date, employee name, department etc. The documents are indexed based on such frequently used keys using indexing software. This speeds up the process of searching through the entire document.
How to implement document indexing in offices?
Document indexing can be done using advanced software such as Electronic Document Management Systems or Content Management Systems. Offshore Outsourcing Services help many organizations for data entry, conversion of physical documents into digital format and its efficient storage. Moreover, there are techniques such as full-text search, or keyword or column-based indexing etc used to index documents. Here are some important aspects to consider while implementing document indexing in your office:
Use a sensible File Name and Folder Hierarchy
Document indexing can be a cumbersome task depending on the volume of information stored and its variety. Using a sensible filename and folder hierarchy is desirable to seek information faster. Offshore indexing Services will always ensure a sensible naming convention and folder hierarchy which helps the system to seek information faster.
Index documents from the beginning
If you have digitized information which relates back to months or years, don’t miss out the earlier documents. Make sure that you index every document available with you. This ensures that the digitized information you have carefully stored is now accessible using your favorite EDS system.
Use the latest scanning and indexing tool
It is desirable to use the latest and advanced scanning and indexing tools available in the market for more efficient indexing services. Moreover, the EDS must be able to handle the information your business needs to store. Since technology licensing can be extremely expensive, outsourcing to document indexing and scanning services India is a more desirable option which will turn out to be more cost-effective and efficient.
Advantages of outsourcing document indexing
Outsourcing document indexing services to a competent partner offers many advantages to businesses:
- Identifying the right tags or columns to index. This is important because it serves the main purpose of indexing which is to have faster access to digital information stored.
- Using the latest technology for indexing without having to invest on it.
- Getting the right experts on the job which makes the process faster and more efficient
- Concentrate more on core jobs by allocating such cumbersome jobs to the experts at a competent outsourcing firm
- Resource Scalability – when you need more resources, the outsourcing partner will employ more and when they are not required, they will be allotted other jobs by the outsourcing partner.
- Ways to Increase Business Efficiency Through Document Indexing & Scanning
- Automation a Key Part of Mortgage Processing